BULGARIAN ASSOCIATION DEFENCE INDUSTRY
Bulgaria, Sofia, Alabin 16 Str. BULGARIAN INDUSTRIAL ASSOCIATION Building, fl.6
Тel: + 359 2 980 15 29, 843 10 98, 846 73 81 Fax: + 359 2 945 56
Мobile: + 359 877 576 144
E-mail: [email protected]
PRESENTATION OF BADIC
BULGARIAN ASSOCIATION DEFENSE INDUSTRY CLUB
At the beginning of 2015 was established Association “Defence Industry Club” organization of a wide range of allies – military and weapons industrialists and experts, industrialists, civil, public, historians and geopolitics.
During the past few years with the combined efforts of a number of patriotic, expert, civil and military-patriotic organizations were held seminars, conferences, round tables and symposia on the problems and future of the Bulgarian defense industry factor as a component of national security.
The collaboration between organizations create a team of like-minded people from different professions and sectors – military leaders, public intellectuals and historians, experts on security issues, industrialists – both civilian and defense industry, manufacturers and retailers of the companies of the arms industry , telecommunications, IT, high-tech companies.
The unifying idea of all experts working in a team is that over the past 25 years after 1989 Bulgarian defense industry went through a complex process of trans-forming and property, structure and nomenclature of its products on the way to harmonization with the EU and NATO.
At present complex geopolitical processes Bulgaria needs a developed defense industry, sectoral and product integrated into the EU and NATO, as well as efficient army that is able to perform its functions in the system of contract for collective defense of the member states NATO.
EU countries, although rely on membership in NATO and the contract for collective defense kept well prepared and efficient army capable to protect both their own security and sovereignty and security of each country – a member of NATO.
In this spirit Bulgaria also needs to create a new, modern and efficient army that is able to fulfill its obligations under peace and security in the EU, and also have the potential to protect the territorial integrity of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Guided by the understanding that there is a need for a long-term strategy for the development of the army and defense industry in Bulgaria, we created the Association “Defence Industry Club”.
The main task of the Association is to work for the establishment of an adequate vision and strategy for the development of defense industry. Common efforts of experts and executives from the industry with years of experience will help to improve communication and cooperation between Bulgarian companies and also to successfully cooperation and integration of Bulgarian companies with foreign companies from NATO member states and the EU.
We are gradually building a new corporate culture and vision of Bulgarian companies in defense industry – increasingly imposing constructive spirit of mutual partnership and consolidation in the name of the entire industry and the overall national interest.
Our mission is: creation of an open organization for all companies, actively acting and useful for all companies affiliated to us from many different areas without dividing lines, seeking the intersection of private and public interest.
All subsequent efforts that we will make in the coming years will be driven by one goal:
Restoring the power and authority of the Bulgarian defense industry and gradual integration into the EU and NATO as an equal partner and a highly competitive participant in the overall process of European industrial integration.
AREAS WHERE WE WORK:
1.Creation and to intensify contacts with countries – traditional clients of Bulgarian defense industry – Africa, Latin America, Middle and Far East.
2. Creating common throughout sector units working on new products, innovation and development of new technologies.
3Harmonize relations between companies and facilitate the establishment of the general development and production units, and also general missions abroad.
4. Lobbying at home and abroad. Creation of political lobby of defence industry in all political forces.
5.Posrednichestvo between Bulgarian companies – civil and defence industry and between the Bulgarian and foreign companies.
6. Creation of a team to develop projects with European funding dedicated solely to defense industry companies.
7. Organising working visits and delegations participants defense industry companies in the country – traditional clients of Bulgarian MIC – Africa, Latin America, Near and Far East.
8. Coordination of efforts and vision of different companies in the establishment of a common vision and strategy for the development of industry.
9. Filing of inventors, inventions, theoretical developments, new ideas and prototypes products, high technology for production of synthetic fuels and heat and electricity from non-traditional and new energy sources.
10. Establishing a fund to finance development, prototypes and theoretical ready to working devices with option for implementation in practice and starting the mass – series.
11. Establishment of contact with universities – technical, military, economic and BAS institutes of the corresponding directions, related to defense industries and a link between them and companies from defense. Industry joint development of projects and products.
12. creation of joint teams of companies from defense. Inustriya and relevant colleges and universities, coordinating the process of training of personnel for the needs of the defense industry, as a link exchange information between colleges and universities educates students and companies need of a corresponding staff.
13. Construction with the participation of companies a common consolidated dynamic vision, strategy and concept for the development of industry – defense industry, taking into account all the geopolitical and geostrategic factors in the Balkans, the European Union and NATO.
14. Reflecting the idea of revival of Bulgarian defense industry – starting the specialized and surveys TV shows that will present and advertise the highest developments, advanced technology and high-tech companies, both in the civilian and military spheres.
ASSOCIATION IS UNDER ASSEMBLY OF EXPERT WORKING GROUPS
AND EXPERTS in the following areas:
- Armored vehicles
- Marine Military Equipment
- Weapons, ammunition and utilization
- Cyber – defence
- Communication and Information and Navigation Systems
- Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Research and critical technologies in defense and security
- Strategic Analysis and definition of national interest
- Participation in joint projects and programs of the EU and NATO
- Infrastructure of the defense industry, Dem. Resources
- Environmental and energy security defense. Industry
- International relations – creation of offices
- Geopolitics and geostrategy
Currently actively cooperate and work in association about 30 o.z general, about 150 retired colonels and over 250 retired Officers desks – longtime military experts participated in the construction and development of Bulgarian defense industry over the last 50 years – 25 years socialism and 25 years democracy.
The management board of the association are symbolic figures of defense and civil industry – former and current heads of Metalchim, Kintex, scientific institutes and departments of Defense to the Ministry of Defence, Armimeks, GIU, MO HQ, NTS – Scientific and Technical Intelligence and various kinds of troops.
The expertise that has association in the face of its active supporters of various clubs of retired officers, military services has no equal in quantity and quality in the Republic of Bulgaria.
In practice we cooperate more than 400 retired officers – leaders of the various armed forces over the past 50 years building and leading the army, science, scientific and technical intelligence, military and civilian industry.
Professionals who cooperate with us have gone through the whole cycle of the defense industry – science, development, development of prototypes, implementation, testing, mass production, marketing of production, foreign trade, repair of devices, training of personnel to work with them.
We can boldly say that much of the knowledge and experience accumulated over the last 50 years in the defense industry in all directions are employees of the Association.
We can be a unique partner and guide to each company by NATO and the EU, which wants to cooperate and integrate with similar Bulgarian Defense Industrial companies, since under the historical processes in Eastern Europe have the experience and knowledge of both the Soviet era and Soviet armament, which was produced in Bulgaria until 1989, and the western equipment and weapons which enter Bulgaria after 1989
Our staff and experts know in detail each Bulgarian company – and as production and management staff – as old – heirs of the former MIC – Military Industrial Complex and new – created after the 1989 high-tech companies.
We know both the strengths and weaknesses of each company by the Bulgarian defense industry in every respect – production, product, organization, resources, personnel, etc., so that we could be an excellent advisor and consultant to companies from NATO countries EU who want to do business in Bulgaria, cooperation with Bulgarian companies to joint production.
The association now has over 40 member companies, as well as research institutes, foundations and various expert organizations.
Our main efforts are directed towards ever closer integration of trencher -those who are creating a consortium between them, as well as participation in international consortia.
We work closely with BAS SBOI, higher military schools, institutes and universities on the idea of building Cluster Defense Industry – mega corporation – analogue of the former Metalchim Holding unites in himself 25 factories with more than 140 000 workers, sectoral and product integrated into a single technology cycle with a single production and trade policy.
As a country in transition Bulgaria in the last 50 years has experienced tremendous changes in every respect – cultural, political, organizational, technological, production, etc. Our experts and executives from the defense industry experienced turbulent times – the transition from a closed, planned, command-administrative and highly centralized Soviet-style economy to an open free market economy – with all the attendant that a sharp and painful transition pros and cons.
Abrupt political change, working in a situation of deficit of any kind, loss of certain markets on account of new but full of uncertainties horizons give invaluable experience of our experts and professionals, as the countries of the old – Western Europe, where everything is consistent and follows its natural course can not have. It is with this unique experience gained in the last 25 years the hard way can be a valuable partner and consultant to companies in the EU and NATO in uncertain times of economic and political crises like today.